Mobile Hose & Hydraulic Engineer
We are seeking an experienced and motivated mobile hose & hydraulic engineer for Tyne & Wear and surrounding areas. We are a small committed team with ideas for growth and planning for the future.
You should have experience in a mechanical plant or engineering background, we will offer additional training for the right person. There will be an after hours call out rota which is on a 24 hour basis which you will be expected to undertake which includes weekends and bank holidays. You will need to hold a full UK driving license and have a flexible approach to service our customer base.
Key Functions & Responsibilities
- The central role will be to provide a professional onsite hose replacement and hydraulic service.
- Candidates will be expected to actively promote our service & products.
- The candidate is expected to maintain the highest levels of health and safety practice including the mandatory use of Personal Protective Equipment where applicable
- Management of a mobile service vehicle to include stock, routine maintenance and documentation
- To provide assistance at our manufacturing facility when required
- To attend training courses as requested by management
- Good personal presentation and adherence to policies and procedures
Skills and Competencies
- Good hydraulic and mechanical knowledge
- Good manual dexterity and physical ability
- Good communication skills both orally and in writing
- The ability to present yourself in a professional and courteous manner to customers and staff
- The ability to work unsupervised and to time constraints
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to engineering personnel
Education and Qualifications Required
- Full UK driving licence
- GCSE in English and Maths
- Hydraulic or Mechanical Qualification
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- Hydraulics: 1 year (required)